Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hey, I'm still here!

You'll have to excuse my lack of posts lately. I've been up to my eyeballs in three major ground-up projects, and a myriad of smaller one's. And, to top it off, Part-timer Steve has been working a lot of hours at his main place of employment to make up for our trip out to SoCal last month, so he's been a little scarce around here, too. I've been putting in a lot of long hours in every day on the projects, and it's left little time to do much else, which is fine with me. Last year was pretty dry, and I'm thankfull for the work again.

I'd like to thank everybody who've sent me Emails (another thing I'm behind on) asking if I've quit the blogs, and if I had, to please reconsider. No, I'm still going to keep this blog going, and I'll try to be a little more timely on it's content. Things are loostening up a little around here spare time-wise, and I've got some good stuff to put up. I really appreciate the words of encouragement, thank you very much. In the meantime, check this out.......
Jeff Holt, the Associate Editor for Street Chopper, has asked me to do a piece for the second issue of their 40th Anniversary year celebration. The first installment of their 40th anniversary issues is on the stands now, and the second installment is due out in Oct. this year.

It was Jeff's idea to do the two issues - the first highlights the current state of choppers today, and the second issue to salute the roots, bikes, and people from Street Chopper's past. The first issue is a killer no filler one, and features a great selection of chops - including my Brother John Edward and Eric Webb's bikes. I'm really looking forward to the second issue, and pretty stoked that Jeff asked me to contribute to it. And.....
Ken, from Biker Radio Magazine called me, and asked if I'd like to do an interview. We're in the preliminaries of setting everything up, and getting the interview date set. Ken would like to do this pretty soon, so it should be up and running in not too long a time. When it goes online, I'll let you all know. If you find my blog interesting, you should enjoy this as well. Besides, you'll get to actually hear the stories, and I gotta admit, I have a voice like a silver sparrow. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm looking forward to it!

In the meantime, check out some of Ken's previous interview programs and videos:
http://www.bikerradiomagazine.com/

Plus, Guy looks like he's all settled in back in the UK, and ready to go on assembling issue #10 of Greasy Kulture. Wow, issue #10! So, I'm sure he'll be sending a plea for another installment of my column pretty soon. Be sure to Email Guy, and tell him my photo in GK is too small.

2 comments:

J-Rod said...

Glad to see you back, you old coot.

A Pure Water Source said...

Better to be busy than be blogging in this economy I guess. Glad to hear things are picking up.