Monday, January 30, 2012

"Are we ready, Mr. Music?"

Since Sundays are my day, I thought I'd get my 2 into 1 system cut, fitted, and tacked up..... I started with 1 3/4" dia. 16ga mandrals, and all seams go to the "inside". First, a 30 degree bend out of the exhaust port, followed by another 30 degree bend.....
....that went into a 45 degree bend, which mated to a 70 degree bend, which was 6" short of the merge pipes....are you with me so far? I needed to add a straight section to the end of the 70 degree bend to complete the front pipe. Doesn't look like it, but careful cutting, fitting, cleaning, and tacking these bends took well over 3 hours. I'm not plating or wrapping this system, this is getting a black porcelain (not ceramic) coating. I had to make the mating cuts tighter than a gnat's ass.....(Gnat's note: "That's pretty tight!")Everything was going along great, untill bam...screaching halt. Why? Well, I was sure I had a couple extra 90 degree bends left over from the last set of pipes I did for a client, so I didn't order any additional 90's for this setup. Turned out they were 70's. Guess what I'll be ordering tomorrow? That blows...

2 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Bloody hell Rich, looks the total bollocks, as usual. Re the Gnat's Ass measurement, in the Aussie vernacular it's the equivalent of a Bee's Dick which is just a tad bigger than a Poofteenth . . . There was a young man from Bengal, who had a mathematical ball, the square of his date, plus his prick times eight, was three fifths of five eighths of fuck all . . . it's the only formula I've ever managed to commit to memory, just waiting for the opportunity to utilise it, cheers mate, dig your work.

B Harlow said...

looking great Rich