Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Taaaa.....daaaa!

Part-timer Steve and I hit it today, and relieved the Denvers springer of the 7" of extension, made the slugs, did the plug welds, put it back together, and slid the axle into the front wheel. Came out as expected, no surprises. The shorty springer makes that 21" front wheel look like a 23"er. Bike has a nice stance to it. I'll tell you one thing, this is gonna be one narrow bike!
If you'll refer back to the previous post, you'll see that the rocker angle is pretty close to the original. Also, note the staggered seams on the leg splices. I'll finish off the plug welds flush before I TIG the seams on Thursday. Taking down the plug welds first makes it easier to shape the round profile of the legs when I dress the seam welds down. Trail comes in at 3". Elliot will be here from Grand Island, NE next Wed. to check it out in person, and he's bringing me a big Cornhusker bushel basket full of money! Yay!

1 comment:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Perfect lines man, even with the glad wrap roller.